Randstad Construction Property Engineering – Our client, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the worlds leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Advisor
Reference Number: JOB0099138
Location: Niger State
Job Type: Voluntary
• This is a speculative role contingent upon the approval of Funding.
• The Agribusiness Advisor will develop sustainable and market oriented programmes for farmer groups.
• He/she will design, facilitate, coach and mentor farmer groups on business development and ensure that they have the right business philosophy, develop a business plan targeting their desired market, and have adequate skills to meet the market needs.
• Ultimately the role will contribute to local farmers winning more contracts and employing more people, therefore ensuring farming benefits more local people in the three communities in Niger State where VSO is based.
• You have a university Degree or equivalent in Development Policy and or Agribusiness related disciplines (agriculture economics, agribusiness administration, public administration, agriculture policy)
• At least 3 years of professional experience in agribusiness, and/or value chain and market access related, and/or analysis/research of agribusiness and/or socio-economic development projects.
• Hands on experience in supporting the development of farmers’ and their groups’ services. Experience in planning and assessment of extension service components, basic understanding of business operations and various areas of business as well as skills in training and facilitation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online