The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution and is currently the largest public university in West Africa in terms of spread and number of actively registered students. It is a recognized university in the Nigeria University System.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lecturer II (CONUASS 4)
Location: Any City, Nigeria
Area of Specialisation: Agricultural Science Education
Department: Science Education
• Candidates should be holders of a PhD Degree from any recognized Universities plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Additional Information on Requirements
• NOUN will not appoint and appoint at the same time, and will place candidates at a salary scale appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
• NOUN will not entertain any petition for upgrade of salary or adjustment in rank. once a candidate has been appointed and acceptance letter submitted.
• All appointed staff are required to be physically and actively resident in the respective Departments either in Lagos, Kaduna or Abuja, NOUN does not have, and will not provide staff housing;
• Further, all applicants are expected to be fully computer literate and comprehensively familiar with internet and online technologies of instruction, particularly as pertains to Open and Distance Learning.
• In compliance with Federal Character Commission regulations, NOUN will consider employing applicants from the Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria and reserves the night to ensure this balance in its short listing of potential employees.
• The salaries and other conditions of services are similar to what obtains in the Nigerian University System.
• Placement of the successful candidates would be within the appropriate CONUASS grade commensurate with their qualifications and experiences.
• The decision of the university Council remains final.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 Word Processed copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
• Full names with Surname in Capitals
• Email and phone contacts
• Post desired and Department
• Date of birth, town and State of Origin, Geopolitical Zone
• Current Postal Address
• Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No.)
• Marital Status
• Names, Number and Ages of Children
• Name and Address of Spouse
• Name and Address of Next of Kin
• Institutions attended with dates
• Work experience from date and status of First Appointment
• Present employment, Status, Salary and Employer
• List of publications in details i.e. Books, Journals, Contributions to Books, Papers presented at National/International Conferences, NOUN will not accept letters from editors indicating acceptance for as yet unpublished works.
• Professional accomplishments, Conferences/Seminars and Workshops attended with dates, Professional record including Study and Research stays abroad.
• Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information.
• Report from three referees should be independently sent to the Registrar. Two of the referees must be authorities in the candidate’s area of specialization. Candidates whose Referees did not submit their report directly to the Registrar up to the day of the interview will not be shortlisted for the interview.
• The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.
All applications should be addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
91 Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way,
Nigeria. (Office of the Registrar)
Hand delivery should be submitted to the same address.
Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview, and NOUN reserves the right not to accept an application.