IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Field Assistant/Driver
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
• Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Assist in seed preparation, processing and storage;
• Assist in planting, harvesting and data collection;
• Assist in general field maintenance and pollination
• Assist in driving project vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
• Assist in ensuring project vehicle complies with the minimum operating security standards (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle documents all the time;
• Assist with day to day maintenance of Project vehicle;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
O’Level plus Driving Licence with at least Five (5) years relevant experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must;
• Be computer literate.
• Have good communication skills.
• Have good driving skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).