Nigeria is currently the third largest exporter of Ginger in the world after China and Inida.
The Nigerian ginger is highly regarded in the international market for its quality and highly medicinal value, specifically its aroma, purgency and high oil and Aleoresin content.
SOURCING & PRODUCTION OF GINGER IN NIGERIA
Ginger is produced in six states of the federation namely; Kaduna, Nassaraw, Benue, Niger and Gombe states. With Kaduna being the largest and major state for the farming and production of Ginger.
GINGER PLANTING SEASON
Planting of ginger starts from March / April.
Ginger is ready for harvest in October / November.
Ginger is sold in the local and international market as wet ginger and dry split ginger. Mainly for export trade dry split ginger is of high demand.
EXPORT DESTINATION OF GINGER FROM NIGERIA
The export market for the Nigerian Ginger include; USA, China, Europe, UK, Russia, Saudi Arabia among other countries.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY THROUGH GINGER IN NIGERIA (INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES)
- Ginger Production (Ginger Farming)
- Ginger Sourcing
- Ginger Export
- Ginger Processing (Into packaged dried ginger, ginger smoothie etc)
- Local Trading of Ginger (Storage and intra country trade)
The Ginger planting season is currently starting. Are you interested in investing in Ginger and any of its value chain; Production, Processing, Export, Local trade, Ginger Sourcing?
What you Must Know
- Quality Standard
- Measurements for local trade and export
- Best Practices for storage
- Export Specifications
- Export Standards and quality
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Cost analysis of Ginger Farming and production
- Opportunities in Ginger processing
- Pricing and how to maximize profit
- Getting buyers (International and local) for your ginger
- How to secure Export contracts
- How to finance your ginger export
- Shipping and Freight Rates
- Export Documentations
- Cost analysis for Export business
- Return on Investment analysis
To get a complete Investment guidance and mentorship on Ginger Investment and Export and also on any Agro commodity Investment and Export (Raw Cashew Nut, Soybean, Sesame seed, Shea nuts/ butter, cocoa, Hibiscus, Palm oil, Palm kernel, Palm kernel oil) guidance for best yield in planting and for investment, please contact Agro News Nigeria;
Agro News Nigeria’s Agro commodities’ Investment Unit;